Monday, March 20, 2006

Praha day two

Prague is called Praha here, I like how we name cities and countries with our own names. Danny and I have had quite a day today. We started out with some good coffee. That was nice, I who once drank coffee by the pots have barley had any in three weeks. So I was booming this morning when i had coffee. They drink Turkish coffee here which is strong with grains left in the bottom. I like it. After that we went on a walking tour for over four hours. We saw alot of Prague, including the Jewish Ghetto, a astronomical coo-coo clock, St. George's Bridge, and Prague Castle. Wow, the tour was not as good as in Munich (that and the one in Munich was free!) St. George's bridge was awesome though, we are going back tommorow to really get a good luck. Danny and I rubbed a statue that garuentees we come back to Prague and get a wish that will come true. We really like it here, it is kind of like New Orleans with even more personaility. Then we went and ate at a midevil resturant. We couldn't read the menu so we told the waiter to bring us something good. We got some excellent beer and the traditional Czech dinner which is meat and potatoes. But its alot of meat and potatoes. He brought out a plate of four diffrent kinds of Potatoe pancakes, good but dry, french fry type potatoes, then it had ham, chicken brest, ribs, duck (first time eating that, not to bad), saurerkraut and peas. This plate was massive, but we did good and ate alomst half. It was teh first time this trip that danny and i have been stuffed to our gills for 20 bucks. I love Czech. Thats about it for today. Měj se!
by the way if you want to see our hostel go to
www.elf.prague-hostels.cz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys suck... all this what Amy and Danny are doing in Europe talk is making me sick!! I love you guys and can't wait til you get your asses home. I miss my AMES!! Call me as soon as you get in the States!

amy said...

I'll be in the states Friday at 4:30pm on March 28th..How depressing is that!!!

B.D. said...

You had better find an American calendar before the 28th.

Anonymous said...

That is not depressing that is exciting I miss you guys cant wait for you to come home and talk my ears off! Love you guys see you soon.

Christie

amy said...

ha ha. We have no concept of days over here..okay so next tues we come home not friday, whoops.