Sunday, September 18, 2005


If you look to the back of the picture you can see where the water line stops. The garage is danny's garage and his house is on the right hand side. The house in the back is his grandpa's house.
This is a street near danny's house in long beach. In between all thoose trees there were once houses.
I feel the need to rant and rave for a moment. I am finally gathering how big this hurricane really is. I mean I knew it but I could not grasp it since I was so disconnected from the world for so long. It is so agravating listening to the bitching all these celebirities and people are doing. They are not down here they do not know what life has been like. I am lucky to have been on the outskirts of all this but it has still had such a profound effect on me. But it saddens me that all people can do is bitch about what the government is not doing for them. I love New Orleans, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast was like a second home to me. My heart aches for everyone who is in this mess. I will never forget the night after the hurricane. I sat in the car with Danny and listened to Kicker 108. It was the only radio station that could actually get up and running. All the people calling looking for their loved ones and asking about there homes it was so sad because most of the peoples homes were gone.Danny was lucky his parents home only 3 blocks from the coast remained untouched. I don't know how but it did. The water ran up past his house yet it didn't go in. But he was one of the few that were lucky. Then there are these fucking celebirities using the moment to push their political agendas. It makes me so sick. I am a person who loves their celebirity gossip but now I can barley look at a magazine. While there in the designer studs in their multi-million dollar mansions they critize and yet they do so little. After all its not them, it didn't happen to them and their friends. So many of my friends and their families have lost everything. I can't even coprehend. I know I am ranting and babbling a little bit but I just can not help it.

Anyways, I have tons more pitures which I'll post when I get the energy. I am still trying to get back into the motions of normalcy again. I am going to the coast on Tues. to visit Danny who is working cleaning up the coast right now.

Also thank you to everyone for their prayers and support through this time. You'll never know how much it means to me.

No comments: